Chronology

In the catastrophic bombing of Darmstadt on 11 September 1944, in which more than half the city was destroyed, the Wedding Tower also suffered severe damage and burned out. For years rainwater caused significant interior damage. Only in the early fifties, using an adventurous wooden scaffold, was the steel structure at the tower top replaced, followed in November 1953 by the copper sheeting on the "finger". From then it was limited to minor repairs.

1982
- Establishment of the Wedding Tower Promotion Society
- Renovation of the platform

1988
- Laying of new electrics

1991-2000
- Restoration of the Wedding Room (today Registry Office)

1991
- Renovation of the entrance hall

1994
- Restoration of the barrel vault (the entrance) and the vault mosaics

1999
- Recovery of the entire lattice gate

2002
- Restoration of the gilded clock tower (north side)
- Restoration of the gilded dials
- Restoration of the plane tree grove to mirror its original state
- Restoration of the trellis around the sculptures in the plane tree grove

2010
- Renovation of the exterior facade (with authentic cladding)

2012
- The renovation of the façade is completed
- The Society celebrates its 30th anniversary

2013
- Shop renovation

2014
- Restoration of the Hötger-relief above the entrance